- TITLE : Animator
- STATUS : Temporary full-time Position (35 hrs /week).
- PLACE OF WORK : Currently located in Antigonish, Nova Scotia*
- STARTING DATE : As soon as possible
- END DATE : December 22nd, 2017
- REFERENCE NUMBER : ANI-SPC-05-14
- TO APPLY : Send a resume and cover letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- OUR WEBSITE : www.devp.org
DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE is one of the leading Canadian international development NGOs and the official international solidarity organization of the Canadian Catholic Church. With annual revenues ranging between $20 million and $30 million, the organization supports local partners located in several countries of the Global South. With a network of members across Canada, DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE raises the awareness of Canadians about the causes of worldwide poverty and injustice and mobilizes Canadians around actions for change.
Reporting to the Director of the Department, and working in close collaboration with the Assistant Director and the Coordinators in the Education Department, the animator is responsible for implementing the education and fundraising programs, particularly the Share Lent campaign with both the members and the broader public. The animator represents the organization in a given region and is the basic link between the organization and its network of members. The animator’s mandate includes recruitment, animation, training, and accompanying the members in his or her region. The region covered by this position includes all dioceses of the Atlantic provinces (Prince Edward Island, New-Brunswick, Nova-Scotia, and Newfoundland and Labrador).
- University degree in social animation, education or the equivalent
- Command of the language of the region involved with the job
- Command of written and oral French and English (for bilingual territory)
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Four years of relevant experience (animation)
- Experience in fundraising (asset)
- Work experience with volunteers
- Ability to drive a car (valid driving licence)
- Available to travel in Canada and abroad
- Available for evening and weekend work
* Although the office is currently located in Antigonish, Nova-Scotia, it may be possible to work from another emplacement located in the territory covered by the position.
Salary and benefits according to Collective agreement
Visit our website to see the job description