Conseiller/ère en communications en Jamaïque (poste disponible en anglais seulement)
Date limite pour postuler : 4 février 2018
Location : Kingston, Jamaica
Start Date : Jan – Mar 2018 (flexible)
Length of Placement : 12 Months
Language Requirements : English
English Reading : Level 5, Writing : Level 5, Speaking : Level 5
Language Scale : http://www.cusointernational.org/languageratingscale
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only.
The Volunteer’s Role
The primary objective of this placement is to support the Caribbean Microfinance Alliance (CMFA) in positioning and strengthening its entity as the leading advocate for the provision of effective microfinancing services to economically active poor households in the Caribbean.
Caribbean Microfinance Alliance is committed to increasing the visibility of microfinance in the Caribbean. Its mission is to contribute to the provision of effective and sustainable microfinance services to Caribbean microentrepreneurs by supporting MFIs in improving their outreach and financial performance.
As a volunteer, you will support the CMFA in implementing the most ideal communications strategy, form the necessary strategic alliances primarily through effective marketing and communication within the Caribbean Region.
As a volunteer, you will :
- Support in the development and implementation of effective communications strategy to raise CMFA’s public profile in the Caribbean and around the world, particularly among key decision-makers (government, funders/donors, private sector).
- Support in the conceptualization, coordination and managing of the production of all promotional materials and execution of all marketing activities, as part of the marketing and communications strategy, to promote CMFA to the target audience and media, including posters, brochures, web campaign, campaigns for broadcast, print and social media.
- Help increase CMFA’s visibility and credibility in the national and global microfinance industry.
- Support the implementation of the CMFA priority communication activities as outlined in the 2015-2017 Strategic Plan
- Support the CMFA to develop a communication system to share information among its stakeholders and having the CMFA recognized as a “regional information hub”.
Essential Academic Qualifications :
- Degree in Marketing and Communications
Essential Professional Background :
- Experience working with/designing or communication materials
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Experience working with senior managers
- Experience in developing communications strategy & campaigns
- Knowledge of marketing/ promotional tools
- Experience in designing social media campaigns
- Strong communications skills
- Experience in conducting training
About Our Partner
Caribbean Micro Finance Alliance
The Caribbean Microfinance Alliance (CMFA) aims to be a catalyst in the development of the Caribbean microfinance industry regionally and globally by working with microfinance practitioners, country-level networks, private sector operators, policy makers and donors to create linkages and develop financial systems and innovative practices that work for microfinance institutions and their clients.
As a result, the CMFA’s mission is to contribute to the provision of effective and sustainable microfinance services to Caribbean micro entrepreneurs by supporting MFIs in improving their outreach and financial performance. The CMFA and its members will leverage their knowledge, resources and results on the ground to positively impact microfinance services by :
- Advocating vis-à-vis the public sector in the region for changes in the regulatory environment for microfinance and building consensus around policies that work ;
- Establishing linkages with other microfinance organizations and networks to promote exchanges, share information, access resources and participate in the global microfinance movement.
- Creating and maintaining a Virtual Platform for members to maintain contact, collaborate and exchange ideas and information ;
- Supporting self-regulation in a form that facilitates the informality, flexibility and innovation in the sector while promoting growth with order ;
- Designing and monitoring performance indicators and standards that are specific to Caribbean MFIs while adhering to international best practices.
To read more about the CMFA you may visit : http://caribbeanmicrofinancealliance.com/index.php cation Montreal