Date limite pour postuler : 29 avril
Postulez ICI !
Location : Nigeria
Start Date : Apr – Jun 2018 (flexible)
Length of Placement : 12 Months
Language Requirements : English
English Reading : Level 5, Writing : Level 5, Speaking : Level 5
Language Scale : http://www.cusointernational.org/languageratingscale
Open to all nationalities outside of Nigeria
The Volunteer’s Role :
The Youth Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Access and Development Project (YouLead) is a capacity building project promoting young women and men employment and entrepreneurship in Cross River State. The YouLead Project aims at developing and supporting appropriately trained and skilled entrepreneurs and workers, and promoting the appropriate policies, regulations and enabling environment (‘green jobs in a green economy’) for this to occur in an environmentally sustainable and market driven manner.
The purpose of the placement is to contribute to the achievement of gender equality results in the YouLead project. As a Gender Equality Advisor with YouLead, you will support staff, volunteers and partners in understanding gender mainstreaming, delivering expected gender equality results – including sexual and reproductive health, and communicate such through technical advice and capacity building. You will also monitor and support the implementation of the YouLead Gender Equality Strategy (GES) and the Gender Equality Action Plan (GEAP), as well as provide technical advice to ensure the effective implementation of GES and GEAP in project components – entrepreneurship & value chain, environmental management system, financial inclusion, monitoring and evaluation, and policy. You will also work very closely with the Gender Equality Project Officer for YouLead to strengthen her capacity to deliver GE results.
As a volunteer, you will :
- Familiarize self with Cuso International documents and approaches for gender mainstreaming and Gender Equality & Social Inclusion (GESI) ; YouLead Gender Equality Strategy (GES) and Gender Equality Action Plan (GEAP), VOICE SRH ; Nigeria Gender Equality reports and analyses ; and partner Gender Equality Audits, as well as other relevant information.
- Work with the Gender Equality Program Officer (GEPO), YouLead program staff, and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL) team to review GES and GEAP as needed, design effective tools, implement, and monitor gender equality results.
- Working in collaboration with GEPO, build capacity of YouLead staff, partners, international and national volunteers on gender equality mainstreaming, YouLead expected results, and deliver technical support to component Program Managers.
- Provide technical support to YouLead Communication Officer to enhance gender sensitive reporting, stories, videos, etc.
Essential Academic Qualifications :
- University degree in Social Sciences with specialization in Gender Studies or equivalent qualifications.
Essential Professional Background :
- Minimum 3 years of experience in gender mainstreaming and gender programing, preferably with a range of stakeholders (community and civil society organizations, INGOs, national and local governments).
- Demonstrated experience leading or working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Understanding of participatory approaches to gender mainstreaming and gender training skills.
Cuso International Nigeria Program Office
Cuso International has supported Nigeria’s development priorities since 1961 through their work in the education, health, HIV/AIDS, livelihood, youth employment and entrepreneurship sectors. Cuso International is currently exploring opportunities to widen their scope of work in Nigeria with the potential of implementing a health program in Cross River State that could expand to the Lagos State over the next 5 years. The main goal of the health program would be to increase the quality and gender responsiveness of health services for women, children and youth by ministries, departments, agencies and civil society organizations.