Human Resource Advisor
Date limite pour postulez : 8 novembre
Postulez ICI !
Location : Dawei, Tanintharyi Region, Myanmar
Start Date : Jan – Mar 2018 (flexible)
Length of Placement : 12 Months
Language Requirements : English English Reading : Level 4, Writing : Level 4, Speaking : Level 4
Language Scale : http://www.cusointernational.org/languageratingscale
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role :
The objective of this placement is to support the staff of the Department of Rural Development (DRD) to enhance the human resources (HR) management processes of the office located in the capital of Tanintharyi Region, Dawei. The DRD will be supported to identify priorities for HR processes enhancement, and will have the opportunity to learn about some of the leading HR management practices that are in
place in Myanmar and Canada, and to further develop internal systems to be effective and adapted to the work and aims of the DRD both through formal training experiences and on the job support. This may include support in basic English language support, computer usage and Internet use.
As a volunteer, you will :
- Work with local colleagues to understand and review the current human resources processes, identifying gaps, needs and strengths in HR management of the organization. With guidance from the partner organization, develop priorities for enhancing the current HR systems and processes
- With guidance from the partner organization, identify priorities for enhancing the current HR systems and processes
- Enhance and establish systems and processes to promote (as relevant) clarity about job roles, reporting processes, etc., in view of updating or creating an accessible HR policy manual detailing processes for recruitment, retention, and succession etc.
- Design and work towards implementing, in collaboration with local colleagues, a training program for human resources skills and orientation to human resources policy, guiding participation of local colleagues as much as possible in shaping design and implementation.
- Promote a positive HR management culture, sharing HR concepts and theories, encouraging dialogue about best practices and elements of effective people management systems.
Essential Academic Qualifications :
- Any Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated competence in human resources management Essential Professional Background :
- 5-7 years of progressive HR experience, with a proven track record of establishing and leading new initiatives from the ground up ;
- Capacity to assess, develop, and implement sustainable HR processes and guidelines in alignment with organizational needs ;
- Organizational Development and program strategy experience ;
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills ;
- Demonstrated experience of working in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams ;
- Ability to work alongside an interpreter and patience in ensuring effective communication, particularly with technical speech.
- Research and ICT skills
- Experience of working with adult learners in the organizational context
About Our Partner Department of Rural Development
Tanintharyi Region The actual Parliament of Tanintharyi Region was established in 2011 after the general elections held in 2010. Cuso International has been providing English training to the Parliament since 2017.
The Department of Rural Development (DRD) is a National Executing Body for the development of Myanmar’s rural area, with offices in all States and Regions. In the last couple of years, the Department of Rural Development has been striving hard in an effort to improve the quality of life of Myanmar citizens throughout the nation. The Department of Rural Development’s mission is to mitigate poverty and address rural development as well as bolster up the socioeconomic life of rural populace. Through multi-sectoral rural development programs, the Department of Rural Development gears its resources towards the needs of rural people.
The improvement of socio-economic life of rural populace is denoted as the organizational policy of the Department of Rural Development’s mission :
1) Addressing inclusive and sustainable rural development employing a people-centered approach which aims to contribute the Nation’s ultimate goal of mitigating poverty rate. 2) Strengthening community-based organizations, building the capacity of local communities, nurturing good governance processes. 3) Mitigating natural and social disasters and the creation of resilient communities.