Senior Manager, Program Impact and Knowledge Management
Location : Ottawa, Ontario
Reports to : Senior Director, International Programs
Position Type : Permanent, Full-time
Classification : Management
Language requirements : English & French (Spanish Desirable)
Deadline : September 1, 2017, 12:00 PM
Competition Number : SPK-2017-15 (should be quoted within the application)
The Senior Manager is an expert in international development, program design, monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management who leads a dynamic team of talented program resource people. This champion of high quality, high impact programming combines strategic thinking and passion for development with in-depth
understanding of how knowledge is created, consumed and shared for maximum results.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES :
- Create an enabling environment for the design and development of innovative and impactful programs aligned with Cuso International’s Strategic Plan.
- Develop effective monitoring and evaluation tools and processes to measure program impact and implement a continuous improvement process.
- Lead a team of technical experts (including Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL), gender equality, social inclusion, inclusive economic growth and environmental sustainability) to support program development and implementation.
- Spearhead the development of a strong and effective knowledge management system to support all aspects of program knowledge for organizational learning, public outreach and fundraising purposes.
- Lead the development and the implementation of an organizational MEAL framework.
- Support the global annual planning and budgeting process for the team and the MEAL cycle for all programs.
- Proactively identify organizational learning needs and design training programs accordingly.
- Keep abreast of program development trends and proactively identify opportunities for improvement and innovation to deliver greater impact.
- Identify key forums, community of practice groups, consultation processes and associations of benefit for Cuso International.
- Effectively manage the team, establishing objectives and priorities, providing regular supervision, mentorship and coaching and conducting annual performance appraisals.
- Fulfill other responsibilities, as required by the Senior Director, International Programs, from time to time.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS :
- Relevant educational background, preferably Master’s level in a related field
- Experienced development manager with at least 7 – 10 years experience of working for development agencies at both field and Headquarters level.
- At least 7 years of experience directly managing a team of professionals
- Proven experience developing effective knowledge management systems and demonstrated ability to translate knowledge into organizational learning
- Proven track record of implementing successful MEAL systems
- Experience in implementing and overseeing innovative programs/processes and demonstrating impact to various audiences
- Experience in managing a complex and demanding workload, able to effectively prioritize and work independently
- Strong ability to coach, mentor and inspire team members
- Excellent strategic thinking and analytical abilities
- Skilled networker with proven experience at developing, maintaining and influencing relevant agencies and forums across government, civil society and private sector
- Excellent verbal and written English and French communication skills
- A committed team player who can work within and across teams and with varied professional skill sets in different cultural contexts and build effective working relationships
- Willingness to travel internationally and nationally and to be away from home for approximately 30 days a year
- Knowledge of Cuso International’s approach to international development.
- Experience working as a volunteer ; with volunteers and/or in a volunteer-sending organization,
- Fluency in Spanish
HOW TO APPLY !
Expressions of interest should be sent no later than September 1, 2017, 12:00pm EST, to email@example.com quoting reference number SPK-2017-15.
To be considered, resumes and cover letters should clearly demonstrate that all of the essential qualifications and language requirements are met.