Location : CAN - ON - National Office
Empl./Engagement Duration : 13 months
Mission Status : Not Applicable
Closing Date : July 3, 2016
Do you want to make a difference ? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in Canada and throughout the world, is currently seeking a Financial Analyst.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, International Operations, the Financial Analyst will provide financial support to a number of programs managed through International Operations.
The incumbent provides support to ensure the effective management of the administrative and financial aspects of Government and Non-government projects ; maintenance, and analysis of monthly reporting and compliance with the Canadian Red Cross accounting policies and procedures.
- Analyze project financials and prepare quarterly financial reports for Global Affairs Canada (GAC) funded projects as well as internally funded overseas projects for distribution to project managers and external partners.
- Analysis of actual expenditures to budgets and preparation of forecast information for projects.
- Compile, maintain, and reconcile all project related financial information for external partners and audits.
- Support Project Managers in determining completeness, timeliness and accuracy of project financial data.
- Perform specific month end activities related to projects such as project revenue recognition and invoicing to external customers.
- Support the project budget preparations with the view to ensure budgets are consistent with our budget process and appropriate capacity to manage projects is included in the numbers.
- Implement suitable reporting system for each project which includes report formats, field reporting packages and reporting timetables to ensure compliance with any contribution agreements.
- Provide support, guidance and training to field personnel for project financial reporting requirements. This may require travel to field locations.
- Assist with the accumulation of the necessary in-Canada and field financial information with the purpose of developing a comprehensive reporting package that includes any external reports, management reports and sufficient and appropriate supporting documentation.
- Maintain general ledger accounts related to the project to ensure completeness and accuracy.This will include reconciling advance accounts to field reporting packages, maintenance of foreign exchange calculations, and reconciling project expenses to financial reports and field reporting packages.
- Update commitment schedules in order to assist program areas in revising project budgets and forecasts to ensure compliance with Decision Papers and any contribution agreements.
- Assist with field monitoring missions for financial assessments of projects.
Financial Systems, Processes and Reporting
- Provide general financial support to International Operations (IO).
- Prepare detailed analysis of monthly results for projects.
- Prepare and generate all year end financial reports for projects.
- Prepare ad hoc financial reports upon request.
Liaise with staff in other departments and external customers such as GAC, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) as required.
- Prepare financial transactions for General Ledger, AP, AR and Trust Modules before posting of batches.
- Understand and act in accordance with Society management policies and practices.
- Prepares the processing of entries and payments related to approved projects and operational budgets.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- A diploma or university degree in a relevant field with specialization in Accounting
- Three to five years experience in financial management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Attributes
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and French are essential
- Computer literacy is essential. Knowledge of current word processing and spreadsheet (advance level in Excel) applications and accounting software (i.e. Accpac) is required
- Good budgeting and financial management skills
- Demonstrated project management, planning and implementation skills to prioritize, set, communicate, monitor and meet objectives
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, global environment with multiple conflicting demands, ambiguity and changing circumstances and demonstrated positive experience working in a cross-cultural environment
- Comfortable in a volunteer-led organization and delivering to a volunteer-led accountability structure with a willingness to commit to the Principles of the Red Cross Movement
The majority of the work is performed in an environment which is mostly clean and comfortable. The incumbent may be required to travel overseas from time to time to help delegates and local staff with financial work processes, accounting methods, systems and understanding of controls.
Pour poser votre candidature veuillez cliquer sur ICI :