Marketing and Communication
Subject : Marketing and Communication Internship
Location : Engineers Without Borders Quebec, 8440 Blvd. Saint-Laurent, suite 204, H2P 2M5
Duration : 6 months, full-time or part-time
Start : June/July 2018
EWB-Quebec is a non-profit organization based in Montreal that has been working in international cooperation since 1994. EWB-Quebec wants to use sustainable engineering to improve the living conditions of communities in developing countries.
II. Terms of reference
Collaborate in the design of external communication campaigns and implement activities related to marketing and advertising communication.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, the trainee will participate in the development and promotion of a communication plan for the organization in line with the annual strategic development plan. He/she will also be asked to participate in the management of the social media platforms and to develop marketing strategies to improve the external image of the organization and public mobilization.
Our organisation is still growing and we are looking for a passionate intern who wishes to actively participate in our development thanks to his/her experiences and creativity.
III. Tasks and roles of trainee
1 Manage the organization website, social media accounts, newsletter and blog ;
2 Create content for the blog, social media (Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn) and the newsletter ;
3 Develop the communication and marketing plan ;
4 Conduct activities related to marketing communication with different partners ;
5 Support promotional material creation ;
6 Develop and implement ideas to improve external image ;
7 Develop and implement ideas to improve public mobilization ;
8 Develop our membership and organise occasional events for our members ;
9 Create and design the organisation’s annual report and catalogues ;
10 Monthly analyse the website and social media marketing performance ;
11 Any other related tasks.
- Be autonomous and have a strong team spirit ;
- Creativity and dynamism ;
- Excellent drafting skills ;
- Effective oral and written communication ;
- Good organizational skills and an interest in international cooperation.
- Studies in an appropriate discipline (marketing, communication, etc.) ;
- Proficiency in French and English ;
- Relevant experience in a similar function (an asset) ;
- Excellent knowledge of Office tools ;
VI. Terms & Conditions
- 6 months unpaid internship ;
- Flexible schedule according to the availability of the trainee, 35 hours a week between Monday and Friday ;
- Presence and participation in events of the organization ;
- Local transport (OPUS card) is provided for the whole duration of the internship ;
To apply, please send your resume/CV and a cover letter at : firstname.lastname@example.org by June 25th 2018 at 5pm.
Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for the interviews will be contacted further.